Being able to smash through enemies quickly in World of Warcraft requires much more than just face-rolling your keyboard. Especially if you want to be near the top of your raid or dungeon groups damage meters. So what can you do to improve your damage and lead your group to victory? Here are 5 easy things you can do to increase your damage in World of Warcraft right now.
1. Don’t Die: Sounds simple right? The biggest damage loss is going to come from you tanking the ground. So pay attention, stay out of the fire and do the fight mechanics to stay alive and your damage will go up naturally.
2. Review Your Talents: Check your favorite class-specific website, YouTube videos, Icyveins, and etc… to ensure you are running the current most optimized talents.
3. Rotation: While you are reviewing your talents also check out the order in which you should use your abilities. Since many abilities work off each other, it is best to see what order and how you should use your abilities.
4. Equip Best Gear: It can be really confusing to figure out what gear, sets and trinkets to equip. Since item level doesn’t matter when it comes to picking the best-optimized gear, I recommend using a tool like Raidbots. This tool will simulate and compare the gear in your bags and tell you exactly what to equip.
5. Practice: The final thing you can do is practice your rotation and skills on training dummies. Eventually, it will become standard muscle memory for pushing the right buttons in the right order to get the best results. Also, don’t forget to keep spamming those buttons, just sitting and waiting to push the next button is inefficient. You should always be moving if you want to get the most damage out of your character.
Bonus: Here is a bonus tip if you want to do more research. Go seek out your class specific discord channel. A quick google search on (class) discord channel will help you find what you are looking for. There are tons of people out there who have done all the research and willing to help you out if want to squeeze even more damage potential out of your character.
I hope these tips help you to reach the top of the damage meters in World of Warcraft. If you have any further suggestions or tips please feel free to let us know in the comments below.
If you found this useful check out some of our other guides:
World of Warcraft and Warcraft are trademarks or registered trademarks of Blizzard Entertainment, Inc., in the U.S. and/or other countries.